Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bess is the Best

How on earth could I forget Bess??

I have had Bess for a couple of years now, gosh doesn't time race away?
she is 26 years young and has been a broody all her life, having raced as a youngster but only once or twice, her race name was Lombo Larouche or something like that, I have found her record she had 14 foals and was in WA, VIC and NSW, being sold after her last foal with Lombo stud and going to a small breeder in NSW, slipping that foal and being sent to the Camden sales, yea thanks for that you piece of shit owners.  

She was purchased by a small group of concerned horse lovers as the mares are so often the biggest loosers and go off to the doggers by the hundreds.

My friend at ABS got her in fact I was the one who transported her down there along with Maxx who was to be trained, well it all fell in a big heap and not long after I was collecting them both again, Bess was a "gift" as my friend could not honour the financial arrangements and said I could have Bess in liue. 

How could I say no?   She is a doll, and even tho broody brain she is a sweet girl to handle, strong and determined but she does eventually give in to your way of thinking, a safe plodder for me and the kids and the agistment loved her as she was so easy to put a learner on and know they would be fine, she paces but who cares.




No comments:

Post a Comment